I've got a buch of stuff half done now. I have the post options on the main window, and most of them, as of this morning, work and are populated by the values LiveJournal sends back. I've also got the pref changes I made earlier merged. It all ran this morning, but is not tested too far (still a bug or two.)
I've looked into XML-RPC and come up with a couple of libraries I'm going to evaluate. More on this as it happens!
I've also applied for, and had accepted, a sourceforge account for the AliveJournal source code. PHEW ;-)
Anyway, more progress as it happened, and a release "Real soon now(tm)" (ETA mid next week, if not earlier..)